Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hey There De-LILA-h

Okay, so while I love this song, it does nothing for the writer inside. Sorry. But it is a catchy tune, and it has some cool lyrics about how this guy's gonna pay his bills with his guitar, which somehow could be skewed to writing... Yeah, I'm not feeling it either. Maybe because I'm writing this at 4:30 in the morning, and I'm tired. Or something.

Anyway, today, this song is dedicated to Lisa and Laura Roecker, who not only ROECK, but they apparently rule the universe too. Because they're giving away a Kindle. Enter here.

And here's some lyrics just for them. Sing along. They, uh, mostly work.


Hey there D'LILA
What's it like in Cleaveland, Ohio?
I'm a thousand miles away
But girls, tonight you look so...reli-a-ble
Yes you do
My forehead doesn't shine as bright as you
I swear it's true

Hey there D'LILA
Don't you worry about your edits
I'm right here if you get suicidal
Give this blog post another gander
Close your eyes
Well, don't do that, cuz then you can't see
That I'm by your side

Oh, it's how you bag on celebrities
That has me at your mercy
Oh, the hope tank is emp-tee-e
At least here for me-e-e
At least here for me.

Hey there D'LILA
I know Kate is gonna rock
So just believe me, girls
Someday she'll show up on the NY Times list
You'll have it good
You'll have the writing career you should
Your book's that good

Hey there D'LILA
There's not much left to say
You've got your book deal and an extra kindle
You'll take our breath away
With London's Call
Even more in love with you we'll fall
Don't drop the ball

Oh, it's how you can somehow see
That same talent in me
Oh, it's how you're now fancy
Oh, with Dan and Sourcebooks-y


And...I'm gonna stop there. I'm no song-writer. But, seriously! Go enter to win the kindle (I think I should get like, a million entries for the song. I mean, come on. Who else wrote a song??). And Lisa and Laura do Roeck. And I do like this song.

Random thoughts today? Should I stay in bed when I can't sleep? Yeah, I think so too.

24 comments:

Little Ms J said...

Holy Heavens, that is fantastic.

lisa and laura said...

Oh. My. God. I freaking love this--you know how I feel about rhymes. Can I just say, as soon as the song began to play, Lydia ran up with her tutu and began jumping around dancing. She's a big fan of your lyric writing and song choice. Oh, and we hear Dan's in a band. You think he'd give your lyrics a try? You rock Elana...literally. I can't wait to write you a special poem when you make the big sale.

Christine Fonseca said...

LOL!! Love it!!! Wonder why you can't sleep??? (*smile*)

lisa and laura said...

OK, it's Lisa now and I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Elana we love you so much! You are the best and this is hilarious! You totally made my day!

B.J. Anderson said...

Yes, stay in bed! And eventually you'll fall asleep. Great post!!

Stephanie McGee said...

Sorry you couldn't sleep. Loved the song lyrics.

Corey Schwartz said...

Ha, ha! Okay, that totally tops my Seuss post!

Tere Kirkland said...

*snarf*

Windy said...

Oh my gosh, you so totally made my day! I am (again-because of you) sitting alone in my office laughing hysterically. One day these people are gonna call the asylum to come haul me off.

And hey, I was up at that time too! But, yanno, I wasn't near as motivated to actually bust out the comp and start doing anything productive. That's just crazy! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Lisa and Laura! Hooray! I'm new to them but I'm very, very excited for them both.

Loretta Nyhan said...

This seriously made my day.

Katie Anderson said...

Why does this make me cry happy tears??!!! I'm so gay. I must be getting my period but I love all you guys!!

GUSH

Jessica Nelson said...

Wow, you rewrote the song? LOL That's some sweetness right there. :-)

Carolyn V. said...

*standing ovation* I love the song! Lisa and Laura are so cool. =) And for you to write that song...cool! =)

Heidi Willis said...

That's awesome!! What a great idea...and the perfect song translation! :)

(and i have to admit that though I'd love the kindle, you do deserve a million entry points for this!)

Abby Annis said...

Awesome! Thanks for the laugh. :)

Unknown said...

Ok, now THAT is funny. Thanks for the link to the contest.

Word verification - flyvyw. Fly View. Ewww. Is that like, a faceted collage of shattered panes in invisible frames With no one to blame as I go insane trying to maintain While I wrack my brain with rhymes to refrain...

While I should be working... or writing my nanonano?

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

Who sleeps?

Bedtime is for plotting. :-)

Mary E Campbell said...

great song - I keep coming over to listen to it again.

Leigh Hutchens Burch said...

* sings * Hey, there Elena

I hear through the bloggy/facebook grapevine that congratulations are in order?!?

I love rewriting song lyrics. I did one about a banker receiving a cash shipment called "Almost Verified" and set to the tune of "Almost Paradise" from Footloose. :)

Jemi Fraser said...

I've always liked that song too - catchy tune :) Thanks for the link!

Katie Ganshert said...

Great song! Never really paid much attention to the lyrics before!

Anonymous said...

That was very enjoyable, and funny.

Anonymous said...

It's Lisa and Laura's Mom (aka Regulator) and I've always loved this song and now with your lyrics, I love it even more. Nice work.
Congratulations on your agent!
So nice to see so many of you getting the success you've worked so hard for.

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget