Without further ado...
Spend your Social Time Wisely
Before you jump into a social media channel, ask yourself:
1. What do you want to get out of it?
2. What are the best 1 or 2 ways you can do this? What channel?
3. Will you participate and how often?
4. How much time do you want to spend?
- Use tweetdeck to organize tweets – You can also add in a column from Facebook News Feed!
- Set up groups
- Keep it open
- Retweet posts
- Respond to DMs
- Auto feed to FB and Blog
- Glance through Newsfeed periodically
- Check wall for comments
- Respond to direct messages
- Prepare posts in advance
- Create short posts
- Choose which days you will post – 3 days is good (Mon / Wed / Fri)
- Respond to commenters
- Schedule guests posts or a day for questions
- Plan an allotted time to visit other blogs. Or you can set # of blogs I will visit and comment on 10 blogs a day)
- Set an alarm and do it all in an allotted time before you stop. Do this a few times a day.
- Focus on one application a day – twitter Tuesdays, Facebook Fridays, etc
- Tackle one at a time. Get established on one before you start another
- Be creative
- Establish a routine
- Use your mobile devices to check in - while in line or waiting in carpool
Excellent advice, Shelli! These sound like simple things that anyone can do at any stage of their career. Thanks for stopping by!
So what do you guys think? Do you use all these social mediums? Which ones do you like best? Why?
And here's just me being nosy. Or inquiring. Or whatever. How much time do you think you spend in social networking each week? Just wondering...