Friday, May 30, 2008

The Best Day Ev-er!

Status of my Life: School ended today (what could be better? Seriously.) and the tech guy called....drumroll...he recovered everything! Yea for tech gurus! All 771 of my files are now restored to my new hard drive on my laptop and on a disk, and on a flash drive, and on...Yeah, I'm not gonna lose my stuff again.

So when I told my husband that I'd lost everything this is what he said, "So basically you've wasted the last six months of your life?!"

Me: "You are so pessimistic." (The tech guy was working on it.)

Him: "Well, you have."

Me: "I have to go pick up Isaac from piano."

Him:

Later on when he told his friends at work what he'd said (he teaches elementary school too, so works with 99% women) they said, "I cannot believe you said that to her!! You're such an IDIOT!"

Yeah, that's what I wanted to say too. So thanks Fox Hollow teachers. You guys rule.

But I did get everything back. I think I'm still missing one little section of something I was working on at the time of the freeze. I don't think it had been saved at all, so when Word quit, I lost it. And I can't really remember what it was or where it goes, but I know which novel, so I'm trying to puzzle it out. I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

Reading: Nothing. Just doing the happy dance.

No comments:

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget