Thursday, October 1, 2009

In Which I Finish Answering All Your Deepest Questions

Okay, so here goes part two. Great questions! I hope life, the universe and everything is so much clearer after you've read my answers. *scoffage*


The Jocular Jenn asks: What time do you generally get out of your pajamas on Monday? Or should I say do you get out of your pajamas on Mondays?
M8BE: I totally get out of my PJ's on Monday. I have lunch to go to. Yes, I go to lunch every single Monday. It is a necessity. So usually around, uh, 11:30. Yeah, let's go with 11:30. That's AM, by the way.

At your house, is Lucky Charms "part of this complete breakfast," or is it just the whole breakfast like at my house?
M8BE: Wait. You feed your kids Lucky Charms? My kids would be going, "Lucky!" I feed mine stuff like Rice Chex or Wheat Chex. No sugar. And yeah, that's the whole breakfast. Is there more to a complete breakfast...? Of course there is. BACON.


The Luscious Lisa and Laura ask: Seth or Liam?
M8BE: Um, dudettes. Liam. Dark, sexy Liam? Ohhh, yeahhhh. The only thing that *might* improve Liam is a strange fascination with his hair... ROTFL!!


The Loony L.T. Elliot asks: I'd like to know what genre and age range you typically write for. I'd also like to know more about you in general. What's your favorite types of foods? Books? Movies?
M8BE: Okay, well, I'm a deep and varied person. (I almost typed that with a straight face.) I write YA speculative fiction--science fiction and fantasy. Anything paranormal. I love anything with bacon, potatoes, and barbeque sauce. I simply adore plain potato chips. I like MG and YA lit with a paranormal edge. If it has magic, all the better. Special gifts? Sign me up. Vampires? Yes. Ghosts? Yes. Funny, quirky characters? Yes. My all-time favorite is dystopian lit. Stuff like UGLIES and THE GIVER and THE HUNGER GAMES and THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH. I simply can't get enough of that kind of stuff. As for movies, I like anything but horror. I have one rule: if it was made before I was born, I don't see it. The one exception: The Wizard of Oz, cuz that's a classic. Or so my DH says.


The Terrific Terresa asks: Ok, do you have a tattoo? (I'm guessing yes...and I'll tell you a little secret: I have one, it's a red rose on my lower back.)
M8BE: I don't. Mostly because of my insane fear of needles. And pain. And did you read that part yesterdat that said I was a straight arrow? Yeah, I sort of still am.


The Kute Katie asks: If you didn't write, what would you wanna do?
M8BE: Um, I don't know. That's a really hard question. Since I'm practically a rock star with my Guitar Hero, and I already teach, what about like world traveler? Yeah, that's totally it. I'd love to travel the world, taking pictures and seeing everything.


The Rejuvenating Jamie asks: Can you sing the Big Mac song without a second thought even though you haven't heard it in years?
M8BE: I can't! I can't believe I can't. And I'm a Big Mac lover. Le sigh. Food FAIL.


The Nebulous Nisa asks: Who in the world is Jesse McCartney?
M8BE: *jaw drops, no words* *shaking head sadly* Nisa, baby, you need to click on over to Pandora.com and type in Jesse McCartney. I love "Beautiful Soul" and "Leavin'". And a whole lot more. I like my Jesse McCartney station so much, I ran out of free hours this month. I guess you can only listen for 40 hours before you have to pay. Wait. That's not too many hours, right? Natch.

So there you have it. My life in a blog post. Well, and yesterday's post. And this one too. All right, maybe I am like the Mariana Trench. It's your call.

Anything I left out you're dying to know? Lay it on me.

22 comments:

Abby Annis said...

Good to know more about you. I'll add it to my stalker file. ;) Thanks for sharing!

Christine Fonseca said...

Hmmmm - Mariana Trench, huh? Yeah - I'll go with that.

Jenn Adams said...

Don't worry, I don't feed my kids Lucky Charms, either. To them, Cinnamon Life is their treat-y, sugary cereal. No, I hide the Lucky Charms in the back for me when they're in bed at night, or everyone's gone to school.

Thanks for all your answers. I do have a much more rounded, full view of the universe now, so I appreciate your indulgence. :-P

(FYI: Today's WV: ableness. No lie. As in, "Whether she finishes her first draft this month will depend on her ableness to turn off her internal editor and accept the fact that what she's writing is worse than seafood and that that's okay.")

Unknown said...

Nebulous? Ha ha! I'll get unconfused someday. Maybe... I'm sure checking out pandora will help. What's pandora? lol!

Unknown said...

My days of enlightenment have passed. Pandora won't let me check anything out because my IP address is in the Bahamas. :P

Stephanie McGee said...

Interesting answers.

Umm...who are Seth and Liam?

Jessica Nelson said...

Too funny Elana! I love Big Macs too but didn't know there was a song to go with them. Heh.
No sugar cereal for your kids? What a good mommy. :-)

Tere Kirkland said...

Very interesting. I knew you didn't have a tattoo, but I thought it was the permanence more than the pain that would bother you...

Liza said...

LOL. For reasons too complex to explain (and hopefully never to be repeated), for the first time ever Lucky Charms made it into our house this week. Otherwise, it's Raisen Bran or Shredded Wheat all the way. Happy to know that I'm not the only cereal Scrooge. OJ and fruit beside those disgusting marshmallows is still mandatory. Oh, and "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles on a sesame seed bun"...but I haven't had one in years...really!

Wendy Paine Miller said...

I might travel, too. But I'd have to pretend to be a good photographer b/c I clearly am lacking with that gift.

Fun to read.
~ Wendy

Windy said...

Mariana Trench? Isn't it all dark and scary down there? ... hmmm not sure I'm buying that ...

Sarah Wylie said...

I won't lie. I like me some Jesse McCartney too. I even watched that show he was in a few years ago. Summerland, I believe?

ali cross said...

E-Jamma, you crack me up. Lunch on Mondays? We gotta set a date, girl! But when you go out with me I'm totally okay if you want to make a pajama lunch. :)

Danyelle L. said...

You are just all kinds of awesome!

(Who in the world are Seth and Liam?)

If you had an alter ego, what would she be like? Would you admire her or want to shove her in a closet? O:)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What?! You can't sing the Big Mac song? I threw that at you as a total walk in the park question. I still think ur cool. ;)

This will refresh your memory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c--ppVrFSs

Tabitha Bird said...

Funny :) Good to know more about you.

Anonymous said...

I'm loony? really?

I just discovered "Beautiful Soul" last night, as a matter of fact. You'll be pleased to know that my itunes is sufficiently updated.

Anonymous said...

You don't know the Big Mac song? Girl, you are too young!

Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

Burger King's commercial answer?

Have it your way
Have it your way
Have it your way
At Burger King.

Mary Lindsey / Marissa Clarke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle D. Argyle said...

Love the bacon comment, hehehe. I love bacon!

CKHB said...

Okay, here's my deep question... ninjas or pirates? And, zombies or vampires? Or, neither?

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget