Thursday, March 3, 2011

CLARITY by Kim Harrington

Dude, you guys, did you know I love a spicy main character? Someone with flair and attitude and smarts? Someone who's not afraid of who she is, but also terrified of letting other people know who she is?

If you didn't know that, now you do. Also, I found all these amazing qualities in an unforgettable character, Clare Fern from Kim Harrington's CLARITY.


So if you like a spicy MC, with a hard edge but a soft side, you'll love CLARITY.

Did you also know that I have a special place in my heart for the paranormal? You know like reading minds and controlling fire and hey, seeing visions?

Well, now you do. And this extra dash of paranormal specialness is prevalent in CLARITY. Clare can see secrets when she touches objects. It's a gift. And a curse. But mostly Clare uses it to help her solve a murder.

And holy smoking guns, Batman! Who doesn't love a good paranormal, spicy-character, murder mystery??

Um, CLARITY has all that and more. Great writing. A fast pace. A tight plot. Get it, read it, love it. You won't be disappointed.

What do you love in characters and/or books?


Join The Bookanista Book Club at The Reading Room where you can check out all the books we're buzzing about!


Check out what the other Bookanistas are up to this week!

28 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

My copy of Clarity just came in the mail yesterday. I can't wait to read it. And I'll be interviewing Kim and giving away a copy of her book on April 3rd. So happy for her. And can't wait for your debut. It's coming soon!

Anonymous said...

First of all, that cover ROCKS! Love it. This sounds like a great read. Might have to add that to my TBR list.

Theresa Milstein said...

You're going to bankrupt me with all these book recommendations! Another added to the list.

Laura Howard said...

That's the best review ever! Can't wait to get my copy Saturday at the Clarity signing!

Anonymous said...

This sounds amazing! Definitely going to check it out.

Anonymous said...

I love strong girls in YA novels. CLARITY is definitely on my list to read.

Matthew MacNish said...

I love the idea of a paranormal crossed with a whodunit.

Meredith said...

I love strong, spicy female MCs! Can't wait to read this one!

Hannah said...

oooh, I love that cover and spicy paranormal mystery?! I'm sold.

Jessi said...

I've been waiting for this one to make it to me but after this I can't do it. I gotta go find it. Today. Can't wait to read this voice I keep hearing about!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I love that cover. This one sounds so good! :-)

Carolyn V said...

Spicy and Paranormal? Sweet!

Michelle Merrill said...

Awesome! Adding it to my to-read list right now :) Thanks for sharing.

Lisa_Gibson said...

Sounds fabulous! I can't wait to read it.
Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

Robert Guthrie said...

I love a character who wakes up to his or her strength.

Tracey Neithercott said...

Clarity sounds great, I love the idea of a mystery. And that cover? Gorgeous. I've been dying to read this since I first found Kim's blog.

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

You have such a great way of making a book feel really accessible! A spicy character with a hard edge but a soft side? Sounds like a character I'd stick with through a book. Throw in some paranormal loverlies, and I'm in!

Stasia said...

So excited to read this one! Thanks for the review.

Anonymous said...

Looks AWESOME!

Stephanie Faris said...

I read about people with gifts similar to that when I was studying ghost hunting/paranormal investigation. It always fascinated me.

Mary said...

Clare rocked. I loved the part with the soda! :)

https://booksthoughtsadventures.com said...

I think I love spicy spunky quirky characters...I loved Twilight's Bella and after finishing A Discovery Of Witches...I love Diana Bishop!!!

Christina Lee said...

On my KINDLE as we speak--YAY Kim!

Shana Silver said...

I cannot wait to read this one!

LTM said...

Sold! Thank you, robin~ :D

Anonymous said...

I love the unique character
xx

Kristin Rae said...

I won an ARC of this on Goodreads from Kim Harrington and I LOVED it!

Ishta Mercurio said...

This looks GREAT! I love all of those things, and I also think the cover is pretty nice. (Seriously, do you vet books based on cover design or something? Because ALL the books you review have awesome covers!) Thanks for the recommendation.

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget