I seriously can't take any more reflection right now, unless we're talking mirrors, which I don't really like either because my hair needs to be re-dyed.
Anyway. Today, I thought a fun post about the awesomeness that was the end of 2011 would be fun. Here we go.
10. Christmas treat a day. (Okay, I might have missed a few days, mostly because I may have said, "I never want to eat again" a couple of times.) I made a treat each day. Ghetto toffee. Apricot kielbasa. Chips and queso. Cookies. Corn and bacon dip. (Bacon!) Bacon-wrapped smokies. Pork on pork. HOLY COW. (Or PIG.)
9. My daughter's handwritten notes. I love her invented spellings and her cute first-grader handwriting. My favorite: Hi mom I am not feling good today cuse my nose is stufe and my throt is clogd. and my tume isit feling good. P.S. I stil wont to go to Arethr Chrismas.
I mean, seriously. (Yes, I took her to the movie.)
8. My new ring.
|I've had the butterfly for 6 months. The hummingbird is new.|
7. Time to read. I think I read 4-5 books over the two week period. There's nothing I like more than lying in bed late at night, reading. *bliss*
6. Sleeping in. Fine, there's nothing I like more than staying up late at night reading and then sleeping in late the next morning.
5. Showering in the afternoon. FINE. There's nothing I like more than staying up late at night reading and then sleeping in late the next morning and then sort of getting a few things done and writing and whatever and then taking a shower at 4 PM.
My husband thinks I'm weird. Whatever. I love showering in the afternoon.
4. Not driving my kids around. I have loved looking at the Google cal these past few weeks. I haven't even cried or tried to smother the crushing load of drop offs and pick ups under a mountain of false cheery thoughts like, "Well, at least I'll be home by 7:30." Like that's early or something.
3. My new sound-canceling headphones. You think you don't need them. You do.
2. Sitting on the couch watching movies. There is nothing I like more than... Oh crap. But seriously, we had a romantic comedy day and watched You've Got Mail, Two Weeks Notice, and Notting Hill back-to-back-to-back. What an incredible #win of a day.
1. Being with those I love most. Because my husband and I both teach, we've been home together as a family for 16 days. And no one died!
What would be on your list for best moments of 2011?