Saturday, April 5, 2008

First Sentence Honorable Mention

Status of my Life: Writing my climax today in SHADOWS. After several weeks, I think I've finally brainstormed it out. We'll see.


I read a lot of blogs. My husband doesn't get it. One I like is Redlines and Deadlines. They have a contest for writers on a pretty regular basis. I entered the "Start the Story" contest last week. You could enter the first line for a novel. I entered the first line of my novel, ELITE, and it got an honorable mention.

Again, my husband didn't get my excitement. I mean, editors at a publishing house thought my first line was good enough to mention on their blog? Okay, so it didn't win, but it was mentioned! It made my whole week, maybe my month!

My line is: When I was a child, I didn't dream of growing up to be an international bank thief, but sometimes dreams don't come true.

Reading: PEEPS by Scott Westerfeld


Floating, RedDuck

No comments:

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget