Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

So it's my mom's birthday. She lives two hours away from me, and we met for breakfast at the halfway point. It was a fun time, because I don't get to see her that much. My daughter colored a Backyardigan picture for her and wrote, "I love you Grandma." That was cute.

Then I came home, and since I've been in a funk recently, I decided to make a chocolate pie. I mean, are there any two words that go together better than "chocolate" and "pie"? I think not. Of course, because nothing can just work the way it's supposed to, I couldn't get photo booth to work so I could take a picture. I got the green screen of death. Not really sure what that's about.

So I deferred to my usual when electronics don't work. Turn it off and try again. Still green. Like Kermit, green. Next step: ask the hubby. He asked me when was the last time I restarted my computer. Um...too long ago to remember. Months, probably. So we restart it.

Still green.

So he looks up something online. I swear, you can find anything on the Internet. So it said to shut down, not just restart. So we did that.

Whaddya know? Now it works! Too bad I'd already cut the pie. But here's a pic. My sister would be so proud of me. She has a cooking blog, and I can barely boil water. And this pie has a custard base that I made from scratch! Go me!


Happy Birthday Mom! If you were here, you could have a piece of this awesome pie. sengihnampakgigi

5 comments:

H. L. Dyer said...

*snort* It's not easy, bein' green. :)

Happy Birthday to your mom!

ali cross said...

Mmm, yum. Looks delish Elana!

Happy Birthday to your Mom. It makes me happy to hear that you have a relationship with her and that you cherish her and your time with her.

I miss my Mom more than I can say, and would give anything to share a birthday breakfast with her.

Moms are special, that's for sure!

Megan said...

So I keep clicking on your blog just to look at this pie. PLEASE let me have the recipe. Justin will kill me for making it, but I must.

TerriRainer said...

Hope your Mom had a GREAT birthday, but I would like to say that it is CRUEL to tease us with such a scrumptious looking pie!

:) Terri

jess said...

yeah ma told me y'all had breakfast. watch out, i think she wants to eat ur kiddo - she thinks she is so cute! (and she is!!)

i need to make this pie. i'll never get any sleep tonight and it will be ALL YOUR FAULT! LOL!

ok i have to go finish "uglies" now. xoxo

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget