I hope you have one of those big seat belts like on a roller coaster, cuz it's gonna be a wild ride. I bring you this weekly wrap-up of FAIL.
1. Driving slow in the inside lane. Come on. I passed a student driver on the right this week. They were going 10 under the speed limit! Has the general rule of "Slower Traffic Move Right" gone obsolete now? FAIL
2. Writing a query letter without the four parts. Check here for the first post. Also, submitting query letters to agents without following guidelines. I took a screen shot of Colleen Lindsay's tweet the other day. This comes after her made-of-win queryfail marathon last week. No punctuation? FAIL
3. Daylight savings time. I don't think this needs elaboration at all, but I will pontificate. Not only was I dog-tired because of the time switch, but our district decided to have professional meetings the Monday following said time switch. This does not a good week make. FAIL
4. Expired debit cards. This is a great story. I hope it makes you snarf. Me? Not so much.
So my debit card gave up the ghost on the last day of February. My bank didn't send me a new one. I was a little peeved. Called the bank. They said they did, indeed, send a shiny new card. Canceled said card cuz I didn't get it. Issued a new one to be mailed in 3-5 days for delivery in 8 -12 days.
Just wait. It gets better. "Just know it will come in a nondescript white envelope with no marking from XXX bank."
Are you kidding me? I probably threw the other one in the trash! I don't open every piece of mail. Who has time for that? There's reality TV to watch, blogs to read (and write), voices yelling in my head, kids who are hungry, piano lessons to drive to...and I'm supposed to open the nondescript white envelope with no indication as to what's inside?!?
Yes, yes, you are.
Whatever. The new one is coming. I have to write a check for everything. It's annoying. I hate my life for the next 8-12 days.
So then I decided to take all my tax stuff to my accountant. Thought I better open all the crap they needed so they wouldn't have to (they bill by the hour, you know). Guess what I found?
A nondescript white envelope.
With my now-canceled debit card inside.
5. Dancing with the Stars. Now, I think most of you are extremely aware of my addiction to reality TV. I watch pretty much everything. DWTS has been a favorite. Until this year. Um, the words "the Stars" are in the title of the show. The only person who could even be considered a star (Jewel) dropped out due to injury. There are no stars. Sorry. Playboy bunnies, the Bachelor reject and computer nerds do not Stars make, not matter how rich they are. Sorry, ABC. FAIL
What have been your FAIL moments this week? Lay it on me. Maybe then I won't feel so stoopid about my debit card. *snarf*