Yeah, yeah, I know some of you are shocked at the title of this post. Aghast. Shaking your head, disbelieving.
But it's true. I loathe Halloween with most fibers of my being. The reasons for this are many and varied.
1. My parents never bought me nice costumes as a kid. They scarred me! Scarred, I say! (I usually ended up being some lame smurf or something I could do with my own (pathetic) wardrobe. Totally ghetto.)
2. If I want candy, I'll just go to Wal-mart and buy some. Okay, probably not Wal-mart because that's definitely not my favorite place on the planet, but I have the means to get my own chocolate fix.
3. I've spent my life trying to blend into the crowd. I absolutely do not understand a holiday where the sole point is to dress like an idiot and have people stare at you. Not my brand of fun.
4. I teach elementary school. I don't think this needs any explainage, because seriously. 800 children all hopped up on Halloween excitement and cowboy hats and batman masks? Yet again, not something I'd categorize as "fun."
5. It's too stinkin' cold to leave the house after 5 PM on October 31st in Utah. Brrrr.
So there. I totally respect your right to like/love/worship Halloween. But I so don't.
What about you? Halloween fan? What other holidays do you enjoy/not enjoy?