I decided to sign up, maybe because I'm insane. (The jury is still out on that one.) (Group 12 and group 22 rep-re-sent!)
And today, I thought it would be fun to introduce myself to the people who are new here (and everyone else). So here goes:
- You say my name E-lay-nuh.
- I have a book out. It's called POSSESSION. It's a YA dystopian novel, published by Simon & Schuster.
- My second book, SURRENDER, comes out next summer.
- I teach elementary school.
- I have two kids.
- I also blog on Fridays at The League of Extraordinary Writers with four other dystopian/science fiction debut novelists.
- I am a co-founder and co-organizer of the awesome online children's writer's conference, WriteOnCon.
- I wrote a free e-book called From the Query to the Call. It's all about writing query letters, researching and submitting to agents, and how to handle the call when it comes. You can download it here.
- I like Adam Lambert so much I cut my hair like his. No lie.
- I am terrified of all animals with more legs than me, as well as all ducks, geese, and snakes.
- I adore all grape-flavored things, especially soda.
- I own and wear a shirt that says "Living in a van down by the river." If you don't know what this means, I feel sad for you.
- I have an unhealthy attachment to bacon.
- My favorite movie is Two Weeks Notice.
- I like writing query letters.
What my blog is:
- Commentary on the publishing world, with a splash of real life. My real life. My experiences in the publishing world.
- Random posts about movies, music, and the occasional snarky list.
- Bookanista love for amazing books I've read.
- A lot of parentheticals (obviously).
- Book giveaways.
- A way for me to meet and interact with other writers.
So welcome! I will be participating in Random Acts of Publicity this week, with some awesome book giveaways! If you're looking for a blog post, please feel free to join me in this RAP. More details will be on the blog tomorrow.
So, did you learn anything new about me? If you're in my groups, let me know! I've been to all your blogs, but I'm still matching names with blogs with faces.
Oh! And the winner of THE ELEVENTH PLAGUE is JENNY S. MORRIS! Email me (elanajohnson(at)gmail) and I'll get this out. Congrats!