It's all about the ups and downs, you know?
So let's dive in.
1. I bought a new car. Okay, *I* didn't buy the new car, nor do I get to drive said car. But "we" got a Dodge Charger for my husband!
And I am jealous. But hey, he's been driving this for 5 years:
|Complete with multiple dents.|
He probably deserves to drive this:
|Complete with racing stripes.|
2. Teenagers are terrifying. Until they start laughing. Then they're just like normal people. Pretty much I made fun of myself (and vampires) and they let me keep talking. Good times. (And, yes, I'm planning to torture you with full details and tips for school visits. Patience, my pretties.)
3. If I worked near an In 'N Out Burger joint, I would eat a double-double every double-day. Holy double-yum.
4. I got a package from my wonderful friend, Christine. It was busted to bits.
Inside, it held three items she had mailed me, and three she had not. Veeeerrry interesting. Whoever was supposed to get these, I'm sorry.
5. As of Tuesday, I have now been married for 14 years. Yay me! (PS. We picked up the Charger on our anniversary. I totally counted it as my gift to my husband.)
6. My six-year-old daughter might be more excited about POSSESSION than I am. She told her kindergarten teacher that I'd written a book. Her teacher said that was exciting, and that Daughter could bring it in. So she begged me to let her take my ARC to school.
Did I do it?
Uh, yeah. I let her take the book in a large ziplock bag. Daughter showed the class. They talked about how many pages it had (404, said "forty-oh-four" if you're six and just learning that numbers go above say, 10). Then, in the words of my kidlet, "We made our own books. Mine had 5 pages."
7. Did you miss the Across the Universe giveaway on the blog yesterday? You wanna get on that, because I'm announcing the winner on Monday, and you have until 10 PM Sunday night to enter. Go buy AtU!
8. Let it be known that I steal blog ideas. You've been warned.
Got anything I need to know today? Lay it on me.