Saturday, March 15, 2008

Developing Characters

Status of my Life: Outlining, working on queries and synopsis, anything to not do some actual writing. I need a brainstorming session something fierce.

Here's something I saw this week that I really liked. It's at Redlines and Deadlines. I realized I don't have it on my list of blogs, but I check it everyday. This was on the Thursday Thirteen and is about developing characters.

I have to admit that I don't really like outlining and developing and doing all that research stuff that has to happen before writing. But I do it, and it's really hard work. But when I am ready to sit down and write, it's easier for me because I have names and likes/dislikes, birthdays, siblings, family dynamics, etc. already established. Without those things, I find myself stalled in the writing anyway.

Reading: THE TITAN'S CURSE by Rick Riordan (I love Percy Jackson!)
RedDuck

No comments:

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget