Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lost my Laptop

Status of my Life:  Trying to recover from the weekend, and writing new stuff.

My laptop died.  I got the white screen of death.  Everything I've ever written is on there. Everything.  I haven't cried yet.  I have recovered some stuff via emails with attachments.  I have a guy looking at it to get the data off.  I'm hopeful.  But now I'm no longer mobile. I have to sit on the PC to work, and it's hard!  And my version of Word is really, really old.

Sigh.  Oh well.  Life goes on.

Reading: WICKED LOVELY by Melissa Marr (LOVED it!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's awful!

My laptop died in the middle of my first draft (I cranked it out in 7 weeks; I don't think my laptop was ready for so much use. *snort*)

I had luckily emailed my manuscript to myself, and was able to get the rest of the files off eventually.

Hopefully you will recover all of yours too. I bet you will. *crosses fingers*

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget