Friday, May 16, 2008

Second Drafts and Neighbors

Status of my Life: Just finished the second draft of FREEBIES. It's a lot of work to read your own stuff and try to find something wrong with it. :) Ha, ha! I edited, changed, revised, rewrote, and finally made it to the end. Now the second draft is done. I have people reading it, and will make changes in the third draft. It's an endless (vicious?) cycle...

You know you have good neighbors when they call you at work. My backyard was semi-flooded last night because the irrigation water wouldn't turn off. I live in a townhome, so I have a home-owner's association. I called the city, public works and finally my HOA president. All in the car on the way to work. I know, I know, don't talk on the phone while driving.

Well, too bad. I already did. Multi-tasking, you know...

My neighbor happens to be the HOA president. She called me at work. This may not seem like a huge thing, but my family doesn't even know the name of the school where I teach. So the fact that my neighbor does makes it significant.

I have to go buy a new tappy-thingy. I'm not really sure what they're called. The spigot thing you twist to turn the water on and off. I guess it has a tag on it so I can buy the right one. I wouldn't know, I'm sitting on the computer blogging!

Reading (Read): THE BATTLE FOR THE LABYRINTH by Rick Riordan. I adore Percy Jackson. A-Dore.

Better get to the hardware store,
RedDuck

No comments:

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget