Sunday, November 23, 2008

Being Thankful Day 4

Being thankful for little things is easier than the big ones. I'm a huge list person. I like making lists after I've done all the things on them. No, I am not kidding. That way, I can see the things I've done and feel accomplished.

And David Letterman has a list every single night on his show, so they must be uber-popular.
So today, I've got a list of the top 10 little things I'm thankful for.

1. The price of gas now that it's below $2.00/gallon. 'Nuff said.

2. The wonderment a three-year-old lives their life with. Everything is exciting and fun. I want to be three again.

3. Computers. Do I really need to elaborate?

4. Air conditioning. I've lived with it, I've lived without it. There is nothing like being cool in the summer. Nothing.

5. San Diego. This is the place in my head where I can always smile. I absolutely love San Diego. Seaworld. The beach. The shopping. The food. The weather. Just everything.

6. Dubble Bubble. I adore bubble gum. I chew it all day, every day. Maybe that's why all the teeth on the right side of my mouth have suddenly developed an insane aversion to cold. It makes eating the Dreyer's lemonade bars a real pain. Literally. But have I given up the dubble bubble? Not on your life. Crave it. Need it. Love it. Chew it. Thankful for it. And nobody can blow a bubble like me. At least that's what the third graders tell me. Here's da proof.


Yes, that's all me. Three pieces of dubble bubble baby. I'm da queen of blowing bubbles.

7. Reality TV. Survivor, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, The Amazing Race, and So You Think You Can Dance are my faves. Their reality becomes my escape.

8. Seasons. This may seem sorta weird, but I love living in a place where there are four distinct seasons. I love fall with the colorful leaves and cool evenings. I don't like the snow so much, but it makes me appreciate spring that much more. Of course, summer is my favorite. I mean, come on. This needs no explainage either.

9. A newish car. I had to drive my husband's 1994 piece-o-crap last week to get it inspected. Dude...I have no words for what that thing was. It certainly wasn't a car. It had a radio, three pedals, and a steering wheel, but that thing was no car. So I am thankful for my car, a 2005, that actually resembles a motorized vehicle.

10. Friends. My real life pals who make work bearable to my online writerly friends who help me out of tight spots in my writing. Everyone offers encouragement and support, for which I am eternally grateful.

Whew. That wasn't too painful. At least for me. kenyit

7 comments:

jess said...

dude i can't get past the size of that bubble. and did you take that photo yourself?

i chewed so much dubble bubble over halloween that i aggravated my TMJ. i'm an idiot.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, sorry about your jaw, Jess. And yes, I am multi-talented and took that picture myself. It took some practice with the photobooth on my computer. And the timing was killer. It wasn't my biggest bubble (if you can believe that) but the best picture. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW...whadda bubble! Elana, I love your list. Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful.

Abi

Lis said...

Elana, I love your "thankful posts" and just like everyone else I am in awe over your bubble blowing skills. I think San Diego may be my new favorite place too.

Megan said...

I'll tell you what I 'm thankful for. You. And your blog. You're just one of the coolest people I know. No explainage needed.

And thanks for the blog nomination. :)

PS. Do you ever think of using the word verifications on blogs as real words? That's uperythi. What a cool word.

Anonymous said...

LOL Megan. I got skilz the other day when I left a comment. I was like, "Yes! I got skilz!"

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

Yeah for giving reality TV some love! I love me some reality TV too! Also, love San Diego - my husband and I actually had our honeymoon there.

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget