Monday, November 3, 2008

Finding the Silver Lining

I think I need a new body. One that can't feel pain. I've been inflicted with yet another sinus infection. The doctor thinks that it's the same one I had in September and it never went away. So he put me on a really strong antibiotic. When I say really strong, I mean like uber-strong knocks-you-out antibiotic. At first I thought it wasn't that bad. Even though the pharmacist said not to take it with calcium (yes, I obeyed) that it might make me dizzy, to avoid sunlight, and that I might have some less-than-desired side effects. I took it Friday and felt like I was on top of the world.

Saturday...not so much. I was dizzy and I had some, um, bathroom issues. Saturday night, I woke up with severe stomach cramps and I couldn't get off the couch all day Sunday. So on top of the horrible pounding where my brain is trying to squish my eyes out of their sockets, the post-nasal drip of mucus, and any amount of blinding light, I was now dealing with the whole stomach flu thing.

I couldn't believe one person could live through so much. Seriously. Yet I am still alive. I ate and managed to keep it down. And...then I got heartburn. Come on, body! What else can happen? Why won't you just cooperate? I mean, it was a frozen pizza, not Chinese food. Argh. And ouch.

And today it's back to the brain cancer trying to pound it's way through my skull. Sigh. At least I got a lot of writing done yesterday (3277 words for NaNo). See how I always find the silver lining in every situation? sengihnampakgigi The sparkly, shiny lining behind the heartburn, intestinal problems, mucus, headaches, insomnia, and infections. They're always there. Thank goodness for that.

6 comments:

H. L. Dyer said...

Ugh! Feel better already!

Congratulations on the wordcount, though!

Carolyn Kaufman | @CMKaufman said...

You always kick butt with your wordcounts, Elana! Come hell or near death experiences, you just keep going...and going...and going... ;-)

Megan said...

Good job seeing the silver lining. We had the flu this weekend as well, and all I saw was..well, a whole lot of throw up. I admire your positivity. ;)

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

Oh, I hope you feel better! There is no way I'd be writing in that condition - so major props to you!

Anonymous said...

Well, when your hubby has made the kids leave you alone so you can *rest*...yeah, I rested, but I snuck (is that a word? it is now. :) ) some writing in. Thanks you guys - I'm feeling so much better today!

jess said...

mooowah. sooo good talking to you yesterday.

feel better soon!

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget