Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Being Thankful Day 7

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm out of things to be thankful for. I couldn't even keep it up for seven days. In my defense, I did post a list of ten things I was thankful for here. But still. I should have more than sixteen things. Some of them weren't even that good. Sheesh. What is wrong with me? Maybe I have some major brain blockage.

Maybe you should tell me what to be thankful for...then I can blog about that tomorrow. So...anyone got anything good I'm missing out on?

If not, I can make another list... setan

A couple writerly buddies have made some lists I've enjoyed reading. Check out Abi's top ten here and Cole's double list here.


bloggingexperiments said...

Ha! Elana, you're too funny. Thanks for the link! :)


and have a happy turkey day!

Jennifer said...

I know you said something about being thankful for the price of gas, but I'd have to say I'm grateful we can even get gas, at any price. I went to a gas station the other day and could only squeeze $.07 worth out of the pump. They were out of business and the tanks had run dry. I had a horrible moment of realization that this thing I take for granted might actually not be there every day.

That experience set off a chain reaction of things to be grateful for - if I don't have gas, how could I drive to Wal-Mart to buy food? What if I had to sell my car and had no way to get around anyway? What if Wal-Mart didn't have any food? What if . . . See what I mean?

And, could I say enough about indoor plumbing? I think not.

Basically, I could just boil it down to this - everything I have that the !Kung people don't have, I'm grateful for. LOL. Hope that sparks some ideas for tomorrow. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget