Thursday, November 20, 2008

Being Thankful

My sister-in-law Lisa recently started a blog. She told me about one of her friends who was doing a Thankful post every day during November. I decided I wanted to do that, but that I would only do it during the week leading up to Thanksgiving. It will really be eight posts because I'm going to start today and post on Thanksgiving as well.

So without further ado...

I am thankful for my job.





Okay, so I may not fight off the KGB or use a whip to propel myself out of exploding trucks, but just like Indiana Jones, I am a part-time teacher. Never underestimate what I might be doing when I'm not teaching...

But seriously, I love my job. It is the best job on the planet for a mom to have. In an economy that is seeing epic fail, my job is secure. Sure, I may not get paid much, but I get to work with kids and sleep in during June and July.

So what are you thankful for this holiday season?

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Today, I'm most grateful for the Reflections program. My daughter just won second place in her age category last night and she really needed this boost of confidence.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad she won Jen!

jess said...

i'm thankful for terms like "epic fail." LOL.

i'm thankful for my job. in spite of a slow economy, it seems that government agencies want to still spend tons of money on software. go me.

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget