Thursday, December 15, 2011

A MILLION SUNS by Beth Revis

Dude, this is an exciting day! The day I get to talk about A MILLION SUNS by Beth Revis. Another sequel. I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. Maybe I like sequels/series more than I think?

Impossible.

But maybe true.

I loved this book so much, I even sent Beth an email with this subject line: OH MY HECK.

And everything inside the email was in capital letters too. So yeah. Let's examine.


About A MILLION SUNS: Godspeed was fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos.

It's been three months since Amy was unplugged. The life she always knew is over. And everywhere she looks, she sees the walls of the spaceship Godspeed. But there may just be hope: Elder has assumed leadership of the ship. He's finally free to enact his vision - no more Phydus, no more lies.

But when Elder discovers shocking news about the ship, he and Amy race to discover the truth behind life on Godspeed. They must work together to unlock a puzzle that was set in motion hundreds of years earlier, unable to fight the romance that's growing between them and the chaos that threatens to tear them apart.

And this time it all builds to one mind-bending conclusion: They have to get off this ship.


Trust me, you'll feel the same anxiety, the same, "I will die if I don't get off this ship!" It's that intense.

I've already gushed about the writing of this book. The verbs are fabulous, and it's exactly the kind of fast-paced action that I like. There were a couple more things that I loved:

1. The romance. It's broken and messy. And I think most of you know by now that this is exactly the kind of romantic relationship I like. It's complicated. People in real life are complicated. I want my books to match that, and A MILLION SUNS is a great authentic read.

2. The characters. I thought I loved Amy and Elder before. I was wrong. They have to go through some hard(er) things here, and it makes them come even more alive. There's one particular scene I'm thinking of that I can't say for fear of spoilage. But dude. I so did not want Amy/Elder to die!

And that's worth a lot.

So be sure to get your preorders in and get your copy of A MILLION SUNS when it comes out on January 10.

What book are you looking forward to in 2012?


Check out what the other Bookanistas are up to this week at the Reading Room.

Or on their blogs:

20 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

I can't wait to read this. And you're making me even more excited to read it. Wish I could have gotten an ARC.

Suzie F. said...

I loved Across the Universe and can't wait to read the sequel!

Kelly Polark said...

Yay! That sounds amazing!!

Christine Fonseca said...

I can't wait to read this! And you know what I am looking forward to in 2012...certain books by someone I know ;)

LynnRush said...

Great stuff here. I haven't read her books yet, but I hope to soon. They sound so interesting. :)

What am I looking forward to in 2012? Gosh....a little bit of peace. After a rocky 2011 (losing my MIL to cancer) I'm ready for a bit of calm. Though now that I said that, waves are coming, I can just tell. LOL

Great post!!! Have a super day.

Leigh Ann said...

I got to read A MILLION SUNS, and I lurrrved it SO MUCH. Especially because the end was like, "Wha wha WHAT?" And I love endings like that. :)

Also, Beth Revis is an extra-classy authoress. Everyone should buy two copies of this book. I'm sure they could use a backup somewhere.

The Writer said...

Across the Universe is so on my list, and the next book sounds amazing, too!

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome, now if I can just get my hands on the first book... then I can read this one :)

Liz said...

Yay!! So excited for this one. I loved Across the Universe and am pumped about this one. Didn't know it was coming out so soon :)

David P. King said...

Way awesome. I could use a good sci-fi fix right about now. Thanks for posting about it today! :)

Heather said...

I can hardly wait for this!!! I loved Across The Universe SO much. I'm waiting on this one and of course your next book!

trump said...

I'm just stopping by different type of blogs and thought id say hello folks. So greetings from an Amish community in Pennsylvania, and wishing everyone a merry Christmas and a healthy and happy new year. Richard from Amish Stories

Donna K. Weaver said...

I really enjoyed "Across the Universe" and have been looking forward to this sequel since I found out it was coming out. Squee!

Theresa Milstein said...

I'm looking forward to reading A Million Suns. I loved Across the Universe - one of my favorites for 2011.

Leigh Covington said...

Great review. I am new to Beth's books, so now I am even more excited to read them! YAY! This sounds awesome!

Stephanie McGee said...

I'm looking forward to the sequels to Jaclyn Dolamore's Magic Under Glass, Josephine Angelini's Starcrossed, and Tara Hudson's Hereafter.

I don't remember the second books' titles, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Oh, and The Breakaway.

ali cross said...

I SO want to read this book!!

Jemi Fraser said...

Can't wait to read this!!!!

Cortney Pearson said...

Hooray, I loved Across the Universe! She's definitely a great writer, can't wait to read this one too!!

Katy Upperman said...

Cannot wait to read this one! ATU was one of my faves of this year, so I've high hopes for AMS. Your review was fabulous as always, Elana!

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget