Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Conferencing, Day Three

Status of my Life: Getting back good crits from a guy! Yay for the male perspective!

So today, the afternoon session of the conference was "registrant writing time." I drove down to BYU anyway. Number one, I went to the mingle where I sat 5 feet away from an editor at Greenwillow Press. I got to pick her brain, ask her questions, get a feel for what she wants. And since they don't take unsolicited submissions unless you've been to a conference where one of their editors attends, it was priceless. I think I'm going to submit, but probably not for a month or so. I think she'll be swamped after the conference.

Number two, time away from the hubby and two kids to write is double priceless. I sat on campus, put on the headphones and wrote, uninterrupted for a couple of hours. It was wonderful. And then I got a Big Mac, exchanged some clothes at JCPenney, registered my kids for swimming lessons, and went to the library. Surprisingly, they had about 8 of the books on my list. I checked them all out and will hopefully devour them over the next couple of weeks.

Tennis tomorrow, I better get to bed!

Reading: My crits. Thanks cujo!

No comments:

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget